The purpose of the J-1 Trainee/Internship Program for is to provide international participants with opportunities for professional development, insight into American know-how in the field of training, and a greater understanding of American society and culture. Trainees and Interns are expected to share the cross-cultural and professional knowledge they have gained in the U.S. upon returning to their home country at the end of their programs. The J-1 Program is also intended to allow Americans to learn about the culture and expertise of the participant’s home country
Want to immerse yourself in another culture while also making great strides in your career path? Our Career Training programs are for you! Add international experience to your resume, build your global network, improve your language skills and take time to travel the country and make friends. Our Intern USA program is for university students and recent graduates, while Trainee USA is for professionals who already have a few years of experience in their fields.
Working in another country is a sure way to get a fuller picture of the culture while offsetting your travel costs. Our work & travel programs enable you to earn money and experience daily life for part of your program, then travel and explore the country! You’ll have plenty of time to make new friends and improve your language skills while also gaining work experience. Job placement or in-country job search support is provided with all programs.
The summer work and travel program is an exchange visitor program to the united states of America created by the mutual education and cultural exchange act of 1961 to promote mutual understanding between Americans and citizens of other countries through the interchange of persons, knowledge and skills in the fields of education, arts, sciences, and business management.
This program offers Nigerian students the opportunity to participate in the educational and cultural program of the category of work and travel in the United States and to share their acquired skills and experience upon their return to the country.
To participate in this program, the applicant must be:
- Between the ages 18 and 28years old
- A full time student currently attending a course of study in the university, and have completed at least one semester of program of post secondary study and not completed the final year of study. Adequate and verifiable proof of student status will be required.
- Able to prove an intermediate level of English through one or multiple interviews and assessments tests in English.
- Able to provide 2 references supportive of student’s maturity and ability to get maximum benefit from the program
- Able to provide medical/ police report and agree to background check.
- Able to provide a copy of the “ personal details” page of their international passport
- Able to supply a valid email address throughout the time the application is active (required for confirmation of student information)
- Able to attend all required personal one-on-one interviews.
- Be able to supply a 1 page essay on why you feel an international program would benefit you when you return to your home country.
- Be able to supply a written letter from your school, on the school letterhead and signed in original to certify that you are a bonafide and current full time university student in your home country.
- Be able to supply a parental consent letter that will be verified by TRAVELRITENIGERIA representatives.
If you can provide all this above, then register on our site to be able to access the registration page.